Friday 24 December 2010

Happy Christmas to you all (Bah Humbug)

Not having a family or partner I shall be spending Christmas on my own however whilst those of you forced to entertain the in laws, spend a vast fortune on presents for your kids which will be discarded within a couple of days, and eating tasteless turkey/ I shall be watching Wagner's Ring cycle a rough time table is as follows

Tonight from 7 : pm - 9:30

Das Rheingold

10:30 to midnight approx

Act 1: Das Valkyrie

Christmas Day

10:00 am to 12:30 pm Act II Das Valkyrie (the Crucial act in my opinion)

2:00 - 3:30 Act III Das Valkyrie (Means I wont be watching the queen';s speech oh dear  what a pity ;))

Cook my special dinner

6:00 - 7:30 Act I Siegfried

9:00 - 10:30 Act II Siegfried

Boxing Day

10: 11:30 Act III Siegfried

1:00 - 3:30 Act I Gotterdammerung

5:00 - 6:30 Act II Gotterdammerung

8:00 - 9:30 Act III Gotterdammerung

So I've stocked up on food and booze and if I get through that timetable I shall be as high as a kite and pissed as a newt and sufficiently energised to get back to some maths after that. I'll give a post on what I think the ring cycle means

Anyway whatever you are doing over the festive season have a good one

Best wishes to you all Chris

1 comment:

  1. A unique and worthy way to celebrate Christmas on your own. I hope you enjoyed it. - nilo

    ReplyDelete